I was thrilled to learn this morning that I had been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award yesterday. This is my first award nomination on WordPress and I am grateful for the recognition by a fellow Blogger. It is always lovely to hear that one’s writing is appreciated by others and I would like to thank Priyabrataa Ganguly, who goes by the name of “Mistimaan” (at least, that is what his blog is called), for nominating me for this (see https://mistimaan.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/the-versatile-blogger-award/).
“Mistimaan” writes a positive and interesting blog about his life, including featuring different foods and recipes from his home and his cultural environment. To learn more about Priyabrataa, please go to: https://mistimaan.wordpress.com/about/ ~ I would urge you all to follow his blog.
* * *
The rules of this nomination are as follows:
- Write seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 Bloggers for this award
Seven Facts about me (at some length):
1. I write often and everywhere, and have done since childhood. For me, writing is a form of communication, expression of deepest experiences, teaching tool, useful record-keeping memory jogger, and helps to keep my brain cells actively growing in positive formation!
I was fortunate to meet the renowned actor / author / travel documentary maker Michael Palin, very briefly, a few years ago and remember him telling me that writing would give me a long life … that seems like a good enough reason to write!
2. I was born and lived in South Africa until my early twenties, am of British and European (predominantly Danish) descent, and have lived and worked in Britain and Australia as well as South Africa.
Currently living in the UK, I miss the southern hemisphere’s wilder / lighter environments and hope to soon find straightforward ways to travel between continents.
The British climate is not one that thrills me particularly and the long, dark Winters here are a challenge ~ which I have sought with Trojan determination since 2009 to find ways to thrive within, and have used to teach me about much in life. Life is my Teacher, and God is my strength.
3. I love people, plants and animals, natural spaces and uplifting cultural differences.
4. Architecture, design and ambience all matter greatly to my aesthetic senses and I am passionate about environments (indoors and out) being safe and life enhancing.
5. I am a committed advocate of organics and my life compass and journey are guided by the premise that we are all happier and safer when our lives and ethics are authentic, natural and sustainable.
6. As a mother of two phenomenally grounded and positive human beings, a wife of twenty six years, someone who grew up in South Africa and who has lived a full life abroad too, taking on diverse roles with little preparation, guidance or qualification and support, I speak and write out of my varied life experiences and careful observations.
7. I have been blogging since January 2015. My blog, The Holly Tree Tales, contains writings about life, leadership, health, food, business, parenting, mindfulness, emotional intelligence, inspiration, poetry, gardens, the environment, farming, personal history / autobiography, inspiring people I know, and whatever else I feel the inner prompt to share with a growing and appreciative audience.
Do feel free to follow my blog and to join me on social media too, where I write on several other platforms – to lesser or greater extent – as well, eg.
* * *
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award are:
Congratulations to all the nominees. The number of Bloggers that you wish to nominate is optional. I hope you’ll enjoy your moment in the spotlight, and that it will bring positive attention to your writings and achievements too.
I look forward to hearing from you!
With encouragement and love,
PS. I have downloaded the photo of the “Award” badge from Google.
PPS. After being nominated, I did an internet search and found more information about the Versatile Blogger Award at https://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/about/.
PPS. Dealing with the blogging technology, trying to format a post, getting everything spaced correctly etc remains mysterious and challenging to me still, so I am linking this to WordPress’ latest writing prompt: https://dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/mystery/