Holly’s Organic Mushroom Soup
Note: As with all of my cooking, baking and other food preparation, ingredients are organic – or at least as natural and fresh as possible.
About four servings.
1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin Olive oil
1 Punnet Chestnut Mushrooms (approx 250-300g)
1 Red Chilli (with or without seeds – hotter with seeds)
A sprig of Thyme
2 Garlic cloves
2 level teaspoons Vegetable Bouillon powder (or to taste)
Water to cover (no more than one litre)
Black pepper to add, once tasted, at end of cooking.
Organic Coconut Oil, odourless (instead of olive oil)
Ordinary button Mushrooms
1 Medium Red Onion (instead of leek)
Additional: 2 Courgettes
1. Chop vegetables and prepare all ingredients, ready to cook, and set aside.
2. Gently sauté leek (or onion) and garlic for two minutes, add mushroom (and courgette, if using), and continue to sauté together for 2-5 minutes, until just golden, stirring from time to time.
3. Add water to cover the vegetables, to desired level, but no more than one litre.
4. Add vegetable bouillon powder.
5. Bring up to a simmer; simmer for about 2 minutes, take off heat.
6. Blend in saucepan with handheld electric blender, before serving.
To serve: Can be presented with a drizzle of cream and/or a sprinkling of fresh parsley or chives, to make it extra special.
To your good health!